Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Before Pictures

So here's our new house, before we do anything to it.


This is looking from the dining area over to the kitchen. I will probably paint the circa 1970s kitchen cabinets next summer. Right now the dishwasher is not a built in, some day we will renovate the kitchen and change that, but for now it's fine as is.




This is from the same spot, just looking 90 degrees right towards the living room. We really like the laminate flooring, it's a nice colour and will be very kid friendly.




The third and fourth pictures are our bedroom. It is definitely getting all new paint. There is an ensuite in the master bedroom with a shower and toilet behind a pocket door. The vanity is out in the room, between the closets. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But it will be nice to have two bathrooms upstairs. You can see the main hall closet in the fourth picyure, I really like it as it is nice and big. The main bath also has a closet for all the towels so there is plenty of storage room.



The fifth picture is the main bathroom. After seeing it yesterday we are very tempted to paint it before we move in as well. The green is a little too minty, and there's a flower wallpaper border that needs to go.

So we're pretty excited to get going on it this weekend. I'm off to buy primer today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh la la! It looks wonderful. Congratulations on your second new home sweet home. Good luck in the next few weeks with all the work you'll be doing. Wish I was there to help. Really, I do.

Lily said...

It looks like it will be a wonderful family home- I am excited for you! Thanks for posting pics so quickly, I feel like I am there with you.