Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas is here!

 Jack and I decorated the tree this afternoon. We bought an artificial tree this year. I've always been anti artificial tree but after 10 minutes I'm all for them. They hold the heaviest of ornaments, no bare spots and pre-lit means no light stringing, hooray!
  Posted by Picasa
I'm quite happy to be in some pictures for once. I find I end up taking most of the pictures and then being upset that I'm not in any pictures. Hmmm, I'll have to make a habit of being more proactive about asking Darrel to take some with me. Also, discovered today that there are still things I don't know about my camera. I can 'turn down' the flash on it. Go figure! Not exactly sure how much to do it in different lighting situations but I can! hahaha When we were in Lethbridge a few weekends ago (sniff sniff has that much time passed already) Strater and I were talking about cameras. And yes I do covet a digital SLR which in many ways is ridiculous. I haven't even figured out all of the features on my semi-adjustable point and shoot. If I haven't topped out all the bells and whistles on this camera what makes me think I could take better pictures with an SLR? But there's that part of me that says, but you'd learn, it would great all the "stuff" you could do...umm hmmm, sure. But I have vowed to dig out my camera manual tomorrow and figure out about adjusting the flash strength. I'd like to take pictures of us by the tree with the flash (so they don't end up blurry) but have it not so strong that it kills that nice warm glow of the Christmas lights. tricky tricky, or not so tricky if you actually read the manual and remember it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You look terrific. I love the picture of you and Jack - all holiday glowy and tender. Makes me excited to get my decorations up right after Luke's birthday.

Tricia said...

I love the holidays, my kids all sing christmas carol in excitment of Santa coming soon and bring presents. We havea prelit tree aswell, its just makes decorating the tree with small kids more smooth, and enjoyable for us as parents.