Well we did it! The boys and I made it home from Vernon in one day. 960km of road, 12.5 hours of travel in total. They really were little troopers. I am very very grateful for modern inventions like portable DVD players, we would not have made it past Jasper without that baby. About 4 hours into the drive I started taking pictures through the windsheild. (Probably not the safest thing to do while driving, I know, but I had to fend off the mind numbing boredom somehow...with all those childrens' videos playing I couldn't listen to the radio or play a CD. 6 hours of Curious George is A LOT of Curious George!) As we left Hinton we went through a rain shower and saw this beautiful rainbow. The picture of course doesn't do it justice, do they ever really?
I couldn't resist taking pictures of the boys sleeping to document our road. This one of Eric turned out pretty good considering, but the one of Jack is mostly my headrest! Composition is tricky when you are driving! (Darrel you are probably shaking your head reading this, just lets say it was a really long day and I *love* you!)
The Jasper route was fantastic, I don't think I'll ever go the TransCanada route again, unless we have friends/family we want to visit in Calgary on route. The road is a million times better, and look, no mudslide! Which apparently the TransCanada was still doing as of Sunday. Oi vay!
Today was spent tidying, unpacking cars, mowing the lawn,getting groceries and playing together. Jack is very happy to be back home with his papa, AND his toys. He was very excitedly showing them all to us last night. He'd get a ball, run over to us, shout ball, and then drop it right there on the floor and go get another toy.
Home sweet home.


1 comment:
You are amazing to do that trip in one day. Good for you! I'm glad the boys cooperated.
Post a Comment