Lately I've been trying to capture moments that I will miss when my children are grown and have left our home. Some of these things drive me batty right now but when I'm in my old age I'm sure I will think back fondly on them. Here's a few from the last little bit:
-My bed never stays made during the day because that is the #1 favourite hide and and seek spot in the house. Eric in fact often starts games by declaring, "you start counting Jack, I'm going to hide in Mom's bed."
-There are hand prints and smudges all over the bathroom mirror. Eric likes to lick the mirror if he goes in the bathroom after someone has had a shower and there's fog on the mirror. I have asked him repeatedly to stop this but to no avail. Kind of makes me scared to clean the mirror as it's like giving him windex to lick.
-Jack pronounces ukulele as you-keh-clay-lee, and no matter how many times we say ukulele he still says it his own way.
-The kids are growing through a really silly phase. Somehow the phrase, "flies like a bird and poops in your head!" has entered our everyday vernacular.
-Eric also loves to tell me, with a mischievous little grin and twinkle in his eye, "Mom I'm picking my nose!" If I make any sort of yucky face he responds with, "it's yummy." Gack!
-Jacks biggest ambition of today was to save enough money to buy a marshmallow blaster. I told him it cost a lot of money, and he'd have to save up for it. When the crying started I said maybe he could make one with Daddy, and he said no, Daddy didn't know how. (Which is quite surprising usually I am told that Darrel can do/fix anything!)
-Yesterday after doing our scripture reading they both were asking me all day if people were wicked. "Mom, is that man wicked?" "Mom, Jack isn't listening, he's wicked." "Mom, if you're wicked do you go to the naughty corner?"
Friday, October 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If the smudges on the bathroom mirror are getting to you, use vinegar. Won't poison the licker and will make your reflected image clear.
These little moments are lovely. Treasure them! It's so good to write them down because if your memory is anything like mine, you will forget these things sooner than you think.
Maybe if I leave some of the vinegar on there it will also discourage the licking!
Post a Comment