I've been bitten by a crafting bug the last few weeks, which is a bit out of character for me lately, I've just been too busy. But in a limited way I'm back in the creating swing of things. Here are two recent projects (ignore the horrible photos please, it was 7:15 am and no natural light.)
I found this mirror at a garage sale, but it was gold. Very over-the-top gold. So $2 mirror plus $5 spray paint = very cool mirror now. Yay! The chair is new to our house and actually belongs to my studio as a prop but I kind of like it with the mirror so it is sitting there for now.
There's a whole little cottage industry around turning used items into cute 'upcycled' items. One idea is to take a man's old worn out dress shirt and sew a little girls dress. Such a cute idea and I had to try it. I'm pretty enamoured with this first attempt, so cute! And easy to boot, and cheap! Not that cheap is the criteria for everything, but if it is cheap on top of being cute, all the better.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Are you kidding me? You made that dress? You are amazing! And that mirror is super profesh! Sigh. You are too awesome to be friends with un-crafty moi!
Holy poo on a stick! Cutest thing EVER! The mirror and chair are fantastic too! Look at you being so crafty!
Jess
Love the little dress! Julie is going to look so cute in it.
Erika
I love the mirror, it looks awesome black.
The dress is adorable, especially with the trim and the sweet little bird!!
fantastic!
I love cute- and I really love cute and cheap.
Post a Comment