And finally, I carved the pumpkins tonight. I couldn't face trying to do it with the kids. (Jack was already telling me that yes he WAS big enough to use the knife.) So after they went to bed I had a good time. Darrel went off to clean the temple tonight so it was just me and the pumpkin brothers.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Halloween Eve
There was definitely an excitement in the air this week, one could almost say that the boys are deliriously happy about the arrival of Halloween tomorrow. On Tuesday we went with Nan and bought pumpkins. Jack and Eric had fun rolling them around the kitchen. I had to be a party pooper and stop it as the pumpkins were getting rolled into the newly painted (and patched) walls. Jack had his pre-school Halloween party on Wednesday and made this spider and received his first set of vampire teeth. He quite loves them, it's pretty funny. Up until now we've really avoided the scary parts of halloween at our house, but I can see that as your kids are more involved in other things it naturally happens that halloween gets associated with witches, vampires, devils etc. I feel a little disturbed about this but I'm not sure what to do about it... Hmmm.
And finally, I carved the pumpkins tonight. I couldn't face trying to do it with the kids. (Jack was already telling me that yes he WAS big enough to use the knife.) So after they went to bed I had a good time. Darrel went off to clean the temple tonight so it was just me and the pumpkin brothers.
And finally, I carved the pumpkins tonight. I couldn't face trying to do it with the kids. (Jack was already telling me that yes he WAS big enough to use the knife.) So after they went to bed I had a good time. Darrel went off to clean the temple tonight so it was just me and the pumpkin brothers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love the vampire teeth, and wow, i cant carve pumpkins like that for the life of me.
Post a Comment