Monday, September 03, 2007

Home Again Home Again

We're back home after a 13 hour day on the road. It seems we picked the best week ever to be gone from home. They paved the street in front of our house and we would have had to park 3 blocks away for three days while the work was going on. Not so fun with kids. We are so excited for our new, smooth, non pothole riddled road!!

We had a really nice time my family, our thanks for taking care of us so well.
We went to the best fish and chips place in Enderby with Mom and Dad. In fact it was called, "BC's Best", how could you go wrong with a name like that? My face looks like I'm grimacing, I think the sun was in my eyes, it certainly wasn't the food or the company!


Eric loved my parent's dog, Emma. She is very nice, quite gentle. He would drop bits of food of his high chair for her. Emma knew that if Eric started saying uh-oh she should come running for snack time too!


We had a fun time at the beach with Aaron, Amanda, Madison and Graham. Aaron and Amanda brought all the beach toys and entertained the kids.

My Mom and Dad can't stop finding toys for the kids at thrift stores and garage sales. This is the boys playing on the musical pony, very very popular! (Hmmm, videos aren't downloading off my camera...will have to add this later.)

I also had a really great time at Rhonda's wedding. It was so nice to see her so happy, radiant and in love. Also good to hang with the girls before and after the wedding. Rhonda, a slight smirk on her face, could be because she was having photos taken with her grandma.





Marta and I. She looked really fabulous in that green silk dress. will miss this girl when she jaunts off to Scotland next week.





The wedding party, they looked so nice in the sunset light. This was a lesson in shoe wearability. It is a miracle that neither Marta or Jess broke their neck trying to walk on those rocks. All in all a beautiful wedding and a fun time with friends. I wish all the best to Rhonda and Joe as they start their new life together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Looks like a wonderful summer vacation, filled with family and friends and terrific weather. I can't wait to talk to you and hear all the stories and fun times.

Lily said...

I was going to ask you to post Rhondas wedding pics- she looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing them. I was thinking today about how pretty much all of my Lethbridge friends are all settled down and this year was crazy baby being born year- Sony, Aymie, Myself, Marjorie, 2 of my cousins (all in the last 5 months).

OH-okay I am very bad at keeping this a secret but perhaps a few of your prayers might help- we have a SLIM chance that we might be transferred to CALGARY- it won't be for a couple of years but the chance is there.

So if anyone else out there reads this- I have no objection to having prayers sent my way that this happens :)