We have arrived in BC! It was a long day of driving. We actually got out the door ten minutes ahead of schedule (that NEVER happens), at 7:50 and headed out of town. The weather got warmer as we drove, when we stopped for supper in Clearwater it was a wonderful 30 degrees. After our cool month we were excited to have summer back.
Today we just hung out at my parents. My poor Dad ended up going to the hospital with a kidney stone attack so we just hung out waiting for news. Luckily, he is feeling much better, the worst is over, and with the help of some very nice pain killers he is at home and resting this evening. Before the attack came on though he and Jack had an hour or so of bonding time on the lawn tractor. At 6:15 am Jack was up and ready, I took the boys into the living room to quietly play until it was a sane hour. Jack pointed out the window, said "lawnmower" and "get Grandpa". Just a little bit eager! Let's see if his love of lawnmowers continues into teenage years!
Mostly just eating, talking and visiting going on here. The best kind of time with family, although we will head out and actually DO stuff while we're here too. My boys are all in bed, Darrel included. He was in bed at 7 tonight, I think he's enjoying being away from home and all his work and chores. You know, how if you are at home, there's always some project you could and should do, but when you are away you can totally relax. He slept in until 8, had a two hour nap this afternoon and now went to bed at 7. I think he was a tad overtired, eh?
well, I am off to sit in my Mom's office and enjoy a good book while she prepares her relief society lesson. Kids always seem to gravitate to their mothers, doesn't matter how old you get, home is still where your mama is.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad the trip out there went so well. I'm sorry I didn't talk to you before you left (busy few days around here last week), but I will check your blog for more updates on your holiday. Give our get-well wishes to your dad, and have a wonderful time!
So glad to hear that you get to go home and have the wings of mother around. It's nice to know that the title of mother never goes away.
It sounds wonderful so far. Glad Darryl could come along this time. Please tell your Dad that I hope he gets better soon so he can enjoy Jack and Eric even more.
Heh, Kirst. How are things? Can you email or call me when you get this? It's about the Survery Pricers job. Thanks!
Post a Comment